Thursday, July 12, 2007

Another meme? Don't mind if I do

The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Anywyn tagged Slublog, and he notified me. Sounds like fun. I don't usually talk about myself on here, but why not?

1. Both of them mentioned this, but it holds true for me as well; I like to read when I eat. My day usually doesn't begin until I've had my bowl of Cheerios with the opinions page. Unfortunately, my cat likes to enjoy my Cheerios too, usually while laying on the paper.

2. I'm terrible at first impressions. So many of my friends have told me that I came off as a pompous jerk at the start, but only later discovered the better part within. I'm never quite sure how to take that news.

3. I hate exercising. Not that you wouldn't realize it looking at my physique, but it's so intimidating doing it in front of other people. There's always either some high school football player watching me lift and thinking, "He's benching 90? Aw, that's adorable!" or an attractive woman walking into the room right at the end of my sets, only to see me struggling with a set of 5 lb. weights. Terrific.

4. I love spicy food. There's not a lot of places that can get food spicy enough for me. I've eaten Hooters' "infamous" wings once, and their spiciest sauce was nothing. Sometimes my father and I will eat jalapeños straight from the jar.

5. I'm terrible at small talk. I've always been told that in polite company, or when first meeting someone, there are three things you don't talk about: Politics, religion, and money. I don't know much about the third, and as you can tell, the other two are about the only things I can talk endlessly about. Most social gatherings, people start talking about American Idol and I find myself wondering how I could turn it into a blogpost. And here we are.

6. My ideal wardrobe is somewhat unorthodox. If you ever watch Two and a Half Men, pay attention to Charlie Sheen's outfits. I'd dress that way if I could find enough shirts like that which didn't have dragons all over them.

7. I play trombone. Well, "played" might be the better term. I haven't touched the thing in years. I just haven't had occasion to pick it up. It's not like a guitar that you can just pick it up and start jammin' and your friends think you're this awesome hipster. Nothing kills a party faster than a rousing trombone solo.

8. I hate theme parks. Sorry, I know people think they're great fun, but I just don't do roller coasters. I get motion sick pretty easily, so even relatively gentle rides are enough for me. Incidentally, this makes flying an intolerable chore for me, too. Although, my hate for flying isn't just the motion. You can survive a car accident. How many people survive plane crashes?

Wasn't that fun? Now comes the hard part . . . I'm not sure a lot of the blogs I read would respond to something like this. Let's see here . . . Nicole, Dr. Church, The Expert, Murphy . . . you're all on notice.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh I just peed myself. Oh, and try Buffalo Wild Wing's strongest hot sauce--I actually saw someone cry while they tried it. PS--You WOULD be Charlie Sheen. PPS--Your social retardation is refreshing. You're definitely WAY above the Sega Dreamcast.