Thursday, June 16, 2005

News and Updates

Yeah, posting has been light lately. Life has been busy. It's summer and I have very few obligations, so I have much better things to do than sit in front of a computer all day.

Case in point: Last week, I helped lead small groups at my church's Area Wide Conference for college students and young adults. Turn-out was disappointing, but that's the modern church for you. We like to talk about doing stuff, but very little actual doing.

Case in point (2): Next week, I'll be in deep Southern Illinois as a counselor at a summer church camp for high school students. It'll be lots of fun (always is), and I'm sure I'll be back with plenty to write about. Last year, the speaker had me all riled up about things such as being "filled with the Spirit" and "God's calling." I don't mind if people are controversial preachers, but it sure would be nice if they'd back it up with scripture. I emailed the speaker/pastor several times asking for scriptural backing for the things he was preaching about, and he gave the run-around several times before I realized that I'd never get it (at least not from him). Some people.

Anyhow, that's the schedule. Keep reading, and enjoy the great weather!

No comments: