Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Off-label, Indeed

I've never been much a club-going, bar-hopping hipster. A friend of mine drug me to a bar with a DJ not too long ago and it didn't do too much for me. It really doesn't surprise me, then, that I missed this silly little trend:
New York bouncer, blogger and author Rob Fitzgerald has noticed a trend among many of the macho young men waiting outside his clubs. He says the guys are slathering up their torsos with the hemorrhoid cream Preparation H to make themselves look "ripped" for the ladies.
I can't decide if this is one of those things that's too silly to be made up, or too silly to be true. Either way . . . yikes.

My favorite comment I've heard on this, so far, is that this isn't really off-label use. Afterall, isn't Preparation H meant to be rubbed on irritating . . . well, you know. Really, though, the best part is the picture they included with the story:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a well-known beauty pageant trick to put Preparation H on the bags under one's eyes.

Anonymous said...

Actually, that doesn't work anymore. The ingredient biodyne which used to do that was taken out.

-b.

Melissa said...

You could put it on your scalp to accent the ripples of your brain cells. Sexxxxxyyyyyyyyyy.