Monday, June 27, 2005

Back to normalcy

Whatever that means.

Ah, it's good to be back. Camp is always fun, but it's an isolating experience. No net connection, no newspapers, no television . . . I really have little idea what's been happening in the news lately. I've read a bit about the recent SCOTUS decision that's had everyone in an uproar, but I can't tell you anything that other conservative commenters could. "Whoever produces the most taxes has priority on land, owned or unowned" is how I interpret things.

Anyhow, with that in mind, most of what I have to write about in the next few posts will be about my experience at camp over the last week. Mainly, my writings will be about teaching, preaching, theology, etc.

As a general note, I enjoy helping out for these sorts of things. It's always good to help out with youth, teaching and guiding them. I'd like to think I have a lot to offer, and I'm close enough to their age that I might be more easily accessible to them than one of their fathers. The unfortunate side to that is that they often don't respect the authority of one they regard as so similar to themselves. *Sigh*. Nothing in life is ever easy.

Anyhow . . . welcome back, readers.

No comments: