Sunday, June 11, 2006

Chronicles of Life

My sincerest apologies for my lack of posting as of late. I've had some rather thorny issues crop up in my personal life. As much fun as it would be to turn this into something like every other livejournal or xanga blog and write about my intimate feelings from day to day, that's not why I started this blog. Quite frankly, I find that as boring as radio broadcasts of golf, so I surely wouldn't subject my few remaining readers to that.

I do have some blogging "projects" planned, though, so I hope you'll be patient with me. In the meantime, we'll revisit one of my favorite projects: Creepy sitemeter entries.

You see, the sitemeter counter in the sidebar allows me to track how many people visit the site. It also allows me to see the website that brought a person in, including what the search function was if they used Google or Yahoo! or the like. As we all know, the internet is, well, disturbingly creepy. The latest example is someone who came to my site using the search function, "man's nipple picture in a white tank top wet."

Um . . .

. . .

Wow. I can truly say that nothing beats that yet. Not even the pervasive, "japanese women lifting their skirts" search that shows up.

So the next time you're in a chat room, remember: You might just be talking to the person who was looking for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a more or less faithful reader sez: more theology! (when you have time) -Ryan.

Hal said...

Ha! I would love to write more about theology, except I'd have to be faithful to do that. I don't like to just throw out the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to things like that, I like to think my posts through carefully. I haven't quite had much room for that lately. Politics, sure, I'll do that. God-talk, though, deserves full attention.

Don't worry, though. That's on my major "to do" list.