Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Science Round-up

Another week, another selection of interesting news stories coming out of Science. Maybe someday I'll be the one generating the stories.

Healthier with Herpes


So, apparently herpes can make you healthier because it fights off bacterial infections? In other news, Paris Hilton will live forever.

Seriously, though, this is awesome, and exactly the kind of stuff I want to be studying when I get my PhD.

Hair from a Cut

Lab mice were shown to regenerate hair, not just skin, at the site of cuts. This is pretty cool, although they haven't confirmed if it works in humans. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be taking a steel wool pad to my scalp.

Dark Matter takes a solo


I don't care what they say. I still don't buy this whole "dark matter" theory. It's all based on indirect observation.

You know what else was based on indirect observation? Phlogiston. And we all know how that turned out.

1 comment:

Jared and Beth said...

"Phlogiston" is alive and well and is running numerical simulations in my office next to its lab mates "Agni" and "Fuoco".