Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ladder Theory of Relationships

Is this old? Yes. Is it hilarious? I'll give that a qualified yes. I find it hysterical, but that might be my bitterness regarding the opposite sex talking.

Here's the link, but I must give a warning for some saucy language scattered throughout.

One of my favorite parts:
The attraction category is broken down further in the next section. This is a change from previous versions of the ladder theory that included looks here instead of attraction. I feel this is a more accurate depiction, as evidenced by experiment and peer review.

The last 10% was my effort to give women the benefit of the doubt. A common question men ask of women is "Tell me what you want in a man?", which is like asking how many guys she's slept with, an invitation to be lied to. Because she'll almost invariably answer with some combination of

  • sense of humor
  • intelligence
  • sensitivity
  • emotional stability
As far as I can tell this is mostly rubbish. But in an effort to be fair I have included this, since there seem to be a few rare cases of this. Just none that I have ever seen.
Everything I have ever seen in how women seek relationships seems to confirm this.

No comments: