Thursday, August 31, 2006

Relay for Life - Follow up

(Bumped to the top until the deadline ends. Scroll down for new posts.)

I returned just a while ago from my first Relay for Life, pausing only to shower before writing this post. I'd sleep, but surprisingly I'm not sleepy.

It was a very fun event. I might have had more fun if I'd taken the time to go to other teams' booths to participate in their fundraisers, but some of our members dropped out, so we were consistently either running the stand or walking the track. Still, it was an enjoyable event, and minus the ankle pain and the heavy layer of dew after 2AM, it was a great experience and something I'd gladly do again.

Two items of note:

First, thank you very much to those of you who contributed money towards the cause. Thanks to people like you, this event raised over $194,000 for the American Cancer Society. To think that events like this take place in over 4500 other locations throughout the year gives me great hope as to the future of cancer research and treatment.

Second, if you still want to help but didn't donate before, I've good news for you; you can still donate online to the ACS through my donations page until August 31. If you wish to help the cause, please don't hesitate to click on over and donate a couple of dollars. Remember, this is a tax deductible donation ($5 min.) to the American Cancer Society.

Again, a heartfelt thank you to those who sponsored my team and I, and I look forward to doing this again in the future.

No comments: