Sunday, January 21, 2007

Missed Connection

My mother recently showed me an article in Discover Magazine about an online dating site for scientists, her not-so-subtle way of trying to help me meet women. Not that I've degenerated to the point of using online dating (yet), but I appreciate her concern.

Still, the article was all a-glow about the site, so I thought I might at least see what the fuss was about. Since the site allows you to search the member profiles without joining yourself, I thought it might be interesting to see if there were any elligible women in the scientific world.

I'm guessing there are, but you wouldn't know it from the site. With a range of my age +/- four years, there were three women on the website. Increasing that by two years both ways only increased that number to six.

The website seems like a good idea, but I'm betting the success stories trumpeted in the article were the only success stories they had. Don't quit your day job, guys.

No comments: