Monday, April 04, 2005

And a long night

Today was a long night, too.

Had a little meeting with the leadership of my campus ministry tonight. We were talking about evangelism strategies for next year (as spurred on by the conference this weekend).

I'm a little frustrated. Partly so because it felt like we were talking more about evangelism to our ministry than evangelism to Jesus Christ. But mostly because we spent the time talking about how important it is that we gather together and purposefully pray for our lost friends, yet talking about how we're too busy to do so.

I'm not sure what frustrates me more, the sheer lameness and utter sadness of such a situation, or the fact that I see it mirrored in my own personal life. "Prayer and scripture are important, Lord, but I'm too busy playing video games to devote myself to them. Sorry."

What an obnoxious hypocrite I am. Lord, have mercy on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is some of the funniest shit I've ever read in my life. You people are fantastic. The next time someone says that American's a first world country or that this is the 21st century, I'm going to send them straight to you. I love that you vote!
Thanks.
Justin

Hal said...

I'm afraid that your comment makes no sense whatsoever. Perhaps you would like to explain?