Friday, April 15, 2005

Y'know, I think this is important to them

As some of you can probably tell, based on the links I typically post, I have several medium and big name conservative blogs that I regularly read. They are, in no particular order, Powerline, Hugh Hewitt, Slublog, Captain's Quarters, and TKS. The last few weeks have seen a flurry of activity over the entire issue of judicial filibusters and the "nuclear option" of changing the voting rules. However, in the last two days, there has been an even greater whirlwind of activity. Let me point out the current number of posts (on either 4/14 or 4/15) each of my favorite blogs here has on the issue:

Hugh Hewitt: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
TKS: 1
Slublog: 1 2 3 4
Captain's Quarters 1 2 3
Powerline: 1

My surprise at Powerline's silence on the issue (Update: Nevermind) in the last few days aside, that is a lot of posting from people that the GOP would ordinarly consider the "base." The dawdling of Republican leadership on this issue is really starting to tick off some of its most loyal supporters, and now it looks like they're scrambling, trying to catch up to the Democrats' media campaigning on the issue. Sorry guys, you shouldn't have hesitated in the first place. Those Democrats, they can smell fear. You gave pause and they went for the throat. I'm not sure what you have to do to get out of the mess you've made for yourselves, but it's gonna be big.

By the way, I'll be updating this entry as the day goes on, in case anybody decides to post more about the issue.

Update
So, now that the two previous days are over, we can get the whole picture. Hugh Hewitt was the most prolific writer on the subject, composing seven total posts on the subject of the judicial filibusters. This doesn't surprise me; his background is constitutional law. But in total, in just two days, only these five bloggers wrote a total of sixteen posts on the subject. And that's just the five of them! I can't imagine how many other conservative bloggers out there have been covering this. Attention GOP senators: This is important to your voters!

No comments: