Thursday, April 07, 2005

Decisions, decisions . . .

If you've been following the news, you know that there's a rather low buzz about who the Presidential candidates will be in 2008. Yeah, it's a long time from now, but looking ahead never hurt. The democratic favorite right now is Hillary Clinton, and there's speculation that John Kerry is positioning himself to run again. Well, the democrats could make worse choices, I suppose, but I'm having a hard time thinking of any.

I've seen four potential republican candidates: Condi Rice, Dick Cheney, George Pataki, and Rudy Giuliani. The former two, current administration members, have both said that they wouldn't run. This makes me wonder why on earth people keep mentioning them in this context, but then again, that's politics for you. The latter two worry me, though. They are both pro-choice republicans.

Let me make this as clear as I can: GOP, if you put a pro-choice candidate in front of the country to be President in 2008, you stand a very, very, very serious chance of alienating the conservative Christian bloc that has helped you win the last several election cycles. Don't be stupid!

No comments: